The Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Program is committed to providing quality mental health and substance abuse services, as well as other supportive services (advocacy) in order to promote healthy living for children, adolescents, adults, and families living in Kent County. A special emphasis is placed on services to the under-served in the community.
Family Outreach Center, Inc. takes pride in offering a continuum of services that addresses the needs of its targeted populations, and in offering these services in the least restrictive of environments.
The continuum of services includes but is not limited to:
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Psychiatric Evaluation and Treatment (Medication Reviews)
- Taraji Community Outreach (Faith Based Counseling)
- Referral to Self-Help Groups
- Supportive Services (Advocacy)
- Education Classes
The objective of the Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders Program is to reduce the incidence of mental health and substance use disorders among the agency’s targeted population and support the individual client and his/her family where and when appropriate in their recovery process.
- Anyone experiencing chronic or acute symptoms associated with mental illness and/or dysfunctional maladaptive behavior are eligible for services.
- Children from 5 to 12 years of age whose parents or guardians are willing to participate in their treatment.
- Adolescents between ages of 13 to 17 years of age whose parents or guardians are willing to participate directly or give their permission for treatment.
- Adults who are 18 years of age or older and have the intellectual capacity to participate in the treatment process and actively agree to do so.
- The under-served in the community including low-income individuals or families and people of color.
- Individuals re-entering the community following incarceration.
- Residents of Kent County.
Pregnant women, women with children, and those involved with child welfare are a priority for treatment.
Funding is provided by Network 180, fee for service, third party payments, the Heart of West Michigan United Way, Medicaid, and the donor community.
For more information please contact us by phone at (616) 247-3815 or email at:
If you would like to donate now please click:
We accept all credit cards except American Express.