Family Outreach Center is looking for a Diversion Specialist in our Jail Mental Health Program. This position requires a Master’s of Social Work or M.S. in Criminal Justice, Psychology or related field. Also required are at least two years of relevant clinical experience and relevant licensing. Experience working in a residential facility preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Assessing mental health issues of the inmate referred for diversion consideration
· Develop a diversion treatment plan for those inmates who are appropriately accepted for diversion purposes.
· Coordinate treatment diversion plan with appropriate community services including but not limited to adult case management agencies, court services and the judicial system
· Complying with security standards established by the Kent County Correctional Facility
· Respond to requests from the courts for evaluations/assessments of those inmates who might not meet diversion criteria but never the less have mental health needs that the courts may want to address
· Attendance at planning/monitoring meetings with community organizations invested in the jail diversion program
· Marketing the Jail Diversion Program to agencies or organizations in the community who are able to use and/or provide needed services to Jail Diversion Program clients
· Other responsibilities of the Jail Diversion Specialist as assigned by the Jail Mental Health Program Supervisor and/or Clinical Director
Please send a cover letter and resume to HR@focgr.org